I believe this election is about our future. But experience is very valuable in getting things done, especially in a way that’s thoughtful and inclusive.
I will bring real-world experience to Lakewood City Council:
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank, where I was one of the first employees in a new Outreach Department, providing millions of meals per year to our most vulnerable populations
- Business experience creating and running two start-ups
- MoveOn.org, United Against Hate Program, Deputy State Director
- Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP), Volunteer County Coordinator
- Bernie Sanders Presidential Campaign, Field Director and National Ballot Access Officer
- Advocacy at the state and federal levels for increases to food assistance programs and for banking reforms
- Cleveland State Democrats, VP
- Church on the North Coast, Media Director
- BONGA Media, a nonprofit program which I organized and led, teaching media, marketing and computer skills to empower the residents of a small community in Uganda
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Outreach Volunteer
I am also proud of the work that went into my Master’s of Public Administration from CSU, and of the months of experience meeting people throughout Lakewood, during this campaign. But the experience that I will rely on most, if elected to Lakewood City Council, is first-hand, real-world experience helping people. That’s what public service should be about. I’m ready to put all of my experience in this category to work for our community.